Actually, Mike Hyatt, CEO of Thomas Nelson, handed down that permission with his 8 Blog Tips from Tim Ferriss post. Tip #7 encourages bloggers to keep it fun, and I love it when I find advice that's not too technologically challenging for me to follow :)
So today I give you my Top Ten Reasons (some might call them excuses) for No Real Post:
10. I'm a gal who's always up for some fun.
9. Vacation is next week so might as well start it a few days early.
8. Counting on this not taking as much writing time as a real post.
7. Agent Rachelle Gardner did it so I figure I can, too (thanks for the idea, Rachelle!).
6. Waiting to see what news story the media will beat to death next.
5. Making time to avoid writing by arranging my paper clips and the like (writers will understand this!).
4. Marathon Man has finally crashed, and now I can't think for his snoring.
3. Trying to lose 3 or 4 pounds so I can splurge on vacation -- am dark chocolate and Peanut M&M deprived and too on edge to concentrate.
2. My competitive nature just wanted to see if I could hang with David Letterman.
1. Too busy celebrating -- just found out about a Harry & David store near our vacation destination! Chocolate truffles, here I come!
So what would be on your Top Ten list for taking a break from your regular routine? Go ahead -- have some fun! I give you permission :)
"Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy..." Psalm 126:2a
p.s. See how I couldn't resist giving you something meaningful from the Word of God? Can't help it -- it's who I am! :)